After last year’s weather-related “bust” for our visit to the Motor Transport Museum (MTM) in Campo, we’re giving it another try this year. Pushing our visit from March to April will hopefully please the weather gods!
- Date: Saturday, April 20th, 2019
- Time: 9am at the MTM (open from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays)
- Location: Motor Transport Museum, 31949 Highway 94, Campo, CA 91906 (Google Map)
- Travel Time: depending on your location, circa one hour (please plan accordingly)
- Carpooling: please use our Facebook group to coordinate
We suggest that you use the Park & Ride Lot #22, La Mesa (Google Maps) – from there it’s about a 50 minutes drive to the MTM
Directions from San Diego (approx. 60 miles) are easy: take Interstate 8 East (do not take Highway 94 out as it’s a longer process) to Buckman Springs Road. Turn right and go for several miles to Old Highway 94 at which point you’ll turn left, with the Motor Transport Museum being right around the bend on the right.
As the Motor Transport Museum relies on donations, please feel free to drop a couple of bucks in their donation bucket when you sign in at the front.
Because one place of decaying vehicles isn’t enough, here’s an add-on: after the Motor Transport Museum visit, Jim will continue further east, to find the Carrizo Gorge Railroad Yard near Jacumba and he’d sure like company. Please coordinate with him at the MTM.
If you have any questions related to this activity, please feel free to contact Jim McGinn at firstname.lastname@example.org.