Every once in a while, our long-time member and friend Jim McGinn has an itch to makes photos of old stuff. To scratch that itch, he goes to the Motor Transport Museum in Campo — and he invites you to come along, of course!
As usual, this is not a Sierra Club outing. No Sierra Club Certified Outing Leader will be present. You may join, leave and participate at your leisure on the scheduled date, and at your own risk.
- Date: Saturday, December 3rd, 2022
- Time: 9am at the MTM (open from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays)
- Location: Motor Transport Museum, 31949 Highway 94, Campo, CA 91906 (Google Map)
- Travel Time: depending on your location, circa one hour (please plan accordingly)
- Weather: be prepared for some cooler temperatures! (forecast)
Getting there from San Diego (approx. 60 miles) is easy: take Interstate 8 East (do not take Highway 94 out as it’s a longer process) to Buckman Springs Road. Turn right and go for several miles to Old Highway 94 at which point you’ll turn left, with the Motor Transport Museum being right around the bend on the right.
As the Motor Transport Museum relies on donations and is very friendly to photographers, please drop a couple of bucks in their donation bucket when you sign in at the front.
Jim will be on location for a couple of hours. Feel free to join him a little bit later and stay longer. The MTM is open until 5pm on Saturdays. If you have any questions related to this activity, please feel free to contact Jim McGinn at firstname.lastname@example.org.