Join us for our March 2019 photographic activity – we’re going for a hike in the riparian woodlands of Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve with Photo Section vice-president Alexander S. Kunz. Trails at the preserve wind through a beautiful canopy of oaks and sycamores, and along the creek that forms quiet pools and ponds here and there.
- Date & Time: Saturday, March 16th, 2019, 8-11AM
(if the weather is bad, we’ll postpone the activity to March 23rd)
- Location: Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve
- Meeting Point: Ranch House (on Google Maps)
- Distance: varies between 3 miles and 7 miles (a couple of different loops are possible, we’ll play it by ear)
What to bring
- water and snacks
- hiking shoes with good tread (trails may be muddy and slippery in some spots)
- adequate clothing (wear layers), depending on the weather.
- your camera gear 😉
Please note that the preserve is closed during and immediately after storms, to protect the trails. If that happens, we’ll postpone this activity to Saturday, March 23rd (updates will be sent out via email).