Our October photo activity will be at the 18th annual Dia De Los Muertos in Oceanside, at the Mission San Luis Rey. Please find more information below, and the event flyer at the end.
The official event starts at 10am but we’re going to meet an hour earlier, at 9am, in order to be able to photograph some of the preparations, like people putting on make-up and getting into their costumes, etc.
- Location: Mission San Luis Rey
- Address: 4050 Mission Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92057 (Directions)
- Date: Sunday, October 28th, 2018
- Time: 9am – 11am
- Meeting point: at the front doors of the church
- Contact/Organizer: our president, Steve Cirone
Even though this is a public event, please be courteous when you make photos of people: if possible, make eye contact with the person you want to photograph, gesture or, if you’re close enough, directly ask them if they’re okay with being photographed. It feels good to do that. If you don’t want to make photos of people, there will be plenty of details in arts & crafts, flower displays, etc.
Here’s the event flyer: