Thank you very much to everyone who submitted their images to our club-internal 2020 photo contest. Congratulations to the winners, and we hope you all enjoyed the show at our December online meeting.
Our judges this year were Sandy Zelasko (Birds, Wildlife, and Wildlife-Captive categories), Lee Sie (Landscapes and Waterscapes categories), Stephen Bay (Architecture-Structure and Night-Astro categories), and our president Alexander S. Kunz (Black & White, Macro, People and Wild categories). We thank the judges very much for their hard work!
As said in previous years: all judging is always subjective, and no two judges are alike. You may not agree with the particular ranking of images, but we’re sure you agree that all shown images deserve recognition. If you didn’t win this year, please don’t be discouraged. Attend our meetings, ask questions, share experiences – let’s learn together!
Galleries of winners and honorable mentions
Behind The Scenes
What happened after you submitted your photos?
- No previews while working with files
- Make a backup of all original files
- Clean up & rename all files (replace contestant name with a unique number)
- Example: “Firstname Lastname – DSC_1234-Edit-Edit.jpg” → “058 – DSC_1234.jpg”
- Remove all EXIF, IPTC etc. metadata (author & camera information)
- Share entries with judge for that category, via Dropbox
- Judges sent filenames & notes back
- Restore contestant name from unique number (the “reveal”)
- Create slideshow for online presentation, website galleries