We invite all members of the Photo Section to join our August 2020 online meeting, featuring international travel photographer Julian Elliott with a unique insight into working on commission for a client, exploring and photographing in the fjords of Patagonia. Please note that this meeting starts at 10 AM to accommodate our presenter, who is in a different time zone. Continue reading if you’re interested. Meeting date and time are at the end of the invitation.
We hope for your understanding that our current online meetings are for members only, but you can still join the Photo Section – Zoom invites will be sent to members just a few days ahead of the meeting. Thank you!
The Fjords of Patagonia
Journey to the end of the world and follow Julian Elliott on a commissioned trip to the fjords of Patagonia. See the challenges a professional photographer faces with the weather, and the imagery that’s created for use by his client.
Based out of the Loire Valley in France, Julian Elliott has been a professional landscape and travel photographer for 10 years. Having started writing for a number of British UK photography magazines he started selling his work through the World renowned Getty Images. To date his work has sold in over 40 countries and he has travelled in over 30 countries, capturing the world around him.
Here are some example photos of Julian’s work, from the presentation:
After the main presentation, we’ll take a short break before we continue with our MemberShare. Here’s a quick reminder of the guidelines and procedure:
- Send up to five photos via Dropbox file request.
- Please send only JPEG files, sRGB color space
- Minimum resolution: 1920 pixels wide or 1080 pixels high (whichever comes first)
- No maximum resolution but anything larger than 3000 x 2000 is unnecessary
- Prepare to speak no more than 10-20 seconds on each photo
- We’re a photo club – please share only your original photographs with us (no CGI, digital art, etc.)
- Deadline for MemberShare submissions: Friday, August 14th 2020, 6pm
- Nameplates: feel free to include a portrait format headshot with your photos
To submit your images, simply click this button:
If you need help or if there’s anything unclear about this procedure, the Dropbox help article on file requests contains everything you need to know.
NOTE: Your photos are only shown during MemberShare and will be deleted afterwards. We do not keep copies. There is no need to watermark your photos. If you feel that you must add a logo or other overlay, please keep it small and unobtrusive.
Also, please do not wait until the very last minute to submit the photos you want to share. We need time to prepare the image presentation. When the MemberShare is especially popular, we may have to reduce the amount of images from each member. If that happens we will announce it before MemberShare begins, and hope for your understanding.
Meeting Date & Time
- Zoom Online Video Meeting (for members only)
- More information about our online meetings is here: Online Meetings
- If you never used Zoom before, you can download the client software here.
- Members will receive a link to join the meeting via email
- Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020
- 9.30 AM opening of meeting (please join early if you never used Zoom before!)
- 10 AM start of meeting & main presentation
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.