We invite all members of the Sierra Club San Diego’s Photo Section to our August 2022 online meeting with The Creative Minds Coach Brie Stockwell and her presentation “Journey to Creative Confidence: Become a more confident photographer 1 step at a time“. Please continue reading if you’re interested. Meeting date and time are at the end of this invitation.
To join the online meeting, you must be a member of the Photo Section. Membership for the entire year of 2022 is only $25 and can be purchased online. The Zoom link to join the meeting will be sent to members a few days ahead of the meeting, via our mailing list.
Journey to Creative Confidence
Become a more confident photographer 1 step at a time
Confidence isn’t something you’re born with, it’s something you create. When you have more confidence as a photographer, you’ll achieve more, be more creative and have more fun! Together we’ll discuss how you can start creating more today.
In early 2020, Brie jumped feet first into photography while pursuing a personal goal to grow from beginner to hosting a solo exhibition in just one year (which she did!). During that year, she discovered incredible personal insights, her passion for photography and the magic of the desert, especially dunes and interesting geology.
Now, as a coach for creatives, Brie inspires and encourages others to pursue their creative dreams as a self-proclaimed community cheerleader and through her podcast, YouTube channel and her creative coaching programs. She is a Certified Professional Coach with The Life Coach School.
Brie is a mom to four amazing kids, a lifelong creative and a Nature First Ambassador for the awesome state of Texas. She loves adventuring solo and with her husband. Access her portfolio and coaching programs here: https://creativemindscoach.com/
Here are a few example photos of Brie’s work:
After the main presentation, we’ll take a short break before we continue with our MemberShare. Here’s a quick reminder of the guidelines and procedure:
- Send up to five photos via Dropbox file request.
- Please send only JPEG files, sRGB color space
- Minimum resolution: 1920 pixels wide or 1080 pixels high (whichever comes first)
- Prepare to speak no more than 10-20 seconds on each photo
- We’re a photo club – please share only your original photographs with us (no CGI, digital art, etc.)
- Deadline for MemberShare submissions: Friday, August 19, 6pm
- Nameplates: please include a portrait format headshot with your photos
To submit your images, simply click this button:
If you need help or if there’s anything unclear about this procedure, the Dropbox help article on file requests contains everything you need to know.
NOTE: Your photos are only shown during MemberShare and will be deleted afterwards. We do not keep copies. There is no need to watermark your photos. If you feel that you must add a logo or other overlay, please keep it small and unobtrusive.
Also, please do not wait until the very last minute to submit the photos you want to share. We need time to prepare the image presentation. When the MemberShare is especially popular, we may have to reduce the amount of images from each member. If that happens we will announce it before MemberShare begins, and hope for your understanding.
Goodies for Members
Just like last month, we’ll have a drawing where our members can win coupons from local businesses, a book from Rocky Nook, and more!
Meeting Date & Time
- Zoom Online Video Meeting (for members only)
- More information about our online meetings is here: Online Meetings
- If you never used Zoom before, you can download the client software here.
- Members will receive a link to join the meeting via email
- Date: Saturday, August 20, 2022
- 1.45 PM opening of meeting
- 2 PM start of meeting and main presentation
To attend the meeting, you must be a member of the Photo Section. Membership is only $25 and available online. Take a look at our membership page to learn more.
See you at the meeting!