At every Photo Section meeting, we do a “MemberShare” after our speaker’s presentation. This is where section members can share up to 5 images with the rest of the audience. If you are a visitor, it will give you an idea of the photographic interests of our members. Enjoy the images. Ask questions!
How To Transmit
We are using Dropbox file requests for submissions. A Dropbox account is not required to send your images. Please refer to the Dropbox help article about file requests if you want to know more.
- Look for the “File Request” link in the invitation email, or in the blog post for the meeting
- Deadline is usually 1-2 days before the meeting
- There will be a new file request for every meeting
- NOTE: Dropbox will add your name as a prefix to the files so we can easily identify them
(you do NOT need to add your name to the filenames.)
- We will receive a notification that you uploaded the files
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your images!
- Please share your original photographs with us (digital artwork and illustrations may be rejected)
IMPORTANT: the Dropbox File Requests are unique for each MemberShare (and other occasions, such as our Monthly Photo Quest). We try to mark the individual file requests as “expired” as soon as possible so that they can’t be used anymore, but please, DO NOT use one specific file request to submit images for a different purpose.
How to Prepare
Please do not send more than 5 images. We often have enthusiastic participation and we want everybody to be able to participate in the time we have allocated.
Our projector shows images in a 16:9 version of WUXGA (1920 x 1080 pixels). You don’t need to downsize larger images if you send via Dropbox, but anything larger than 3000 x 2000 pixels is not necessary and will only make your upload take longer than necessary.
You will have approximately 10 – 20 seconds to speak about each image as they are presented to the audience.
Showing your images to the group is a wonderful experience and we highly encourage you to participate.