You are invited to the November 10, 2018 meeting of Sierra Club Photo Section at the Serra Mesa Kearny Mesa Library Community Room, featuring Theresa Jackson and her presentation “Mobile Photography with Lightroom CC.”
The cameras in our modern smartphones have come along way since the first integrated cameras in cellphones. Theresa will show us how to capture and edit quality images with our mobile phones using Lightroom CC. Her presentation will include an overview of the Lightroom CC camera, Lightroom mobile editing tools, the Lightroom eco-system and how to use Lightroom Mobile together with Lightroom Classic CC, on your desktop or laptop computer.
Here are some of Theresa’s images, all made with her cellphone:
You can find more about her and her work on her website Orchard View Color.
Meeting Location, Date & Time
This is our last meeting in 2018 (in December we’ll have our Holiday Party). Details:
- Serra Mesa Kearny Mesa Library, Community Room
- Address: 9005 Aero Drive, San Diego, CA 92123
- Date: Saturday, November 10th, 2018
- Time: 1:30pm setup & get together, 2pm main presentation.
Mandatory disclaimer: This program is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the San Diego Public Library. The Library is not responsible for the information presented in this program.
Intermission and MemberShare – Immediately Following
After the main presentation, we will have a brief intermission and our members only free drawing – every section member present at the meeting will receive a free ticket for the drawing, with a chance to win prices and giveaways from our supporters.
MemberShare will occur after the intermission. Here’s a quick reminder of the guidelines and procedure:
- send up to five photos via Dropbox file request (we do NOT accept files submitted any other way)
- please send only JPEG files, sRGB color space
- you do not need to downsample your images (anything larger than 1920 x 1080 pixels is great)
- prepare to speak no more than 10-20 seconds on each photo
- please share your original photographs with us
- Deadline for MemberShare submissions: Friday, November 9th, 6pm
- nameplates: feel free to include a portrait format headshot with your photos!
To submit your images, simply click this button:
If you need help or if there’s anything unclear about this procedure, the Dropbox help article on file requests contains everything you need to know.
NOTE: Your photos are only shown during MemberShare and will be deleted afterwards. We do not keep copies. There is no need to watermark your photos. If you feel that you must add a logo or other overlay, please keep it small and unobtrusive.
Also, please do not wait until the very last minute to submit the photos you want to share. We need time to prepare the image presentation. When the MemberShare is especially popular, we may have to reduce the amount of images from each member. If that happens we will announce it before MemberShare begins, and hope for your understanding.
As always, our club meetings are open to the general public. Please invite your friends to join us for an informative and great evening!