May has begun and it’s time for another photo quest! After April’s theme “Obstacles” it’s getting even more obscure, because…
It’s All A Blur!
…is the theme for May 2019!
Here are some blurry ideas on how to (technically) interpret this month’s theme:
- Motion blur – moving subjects, photographed with a slow shutter speed (camera static on a tripod)
- Camera panning – tracking a moving subject with the camera & slow shutter speed, rendering non-moving areas blurry
- Camera blur – intentionally moving the camera during the exposure (see image below)
- Lens blur – zooming in or out with a zoom lens during the exposure
- A combination of some or all of the above…
- …or whichever way you interpret this month’s theme!
No blurry concepts please! 😉
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and May 31st, 2019
- This is a members only activity
- A link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox
- Only one submission per member, please
- give your submission a descriptive filename (optionally, add title & caption via IPTC fields)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in our Facebook group.
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.