February is a short month but you’re getting an extra day in 2020 to interpret the theme for our Monthly Photo Quest: To The Sky!
Maybe it’s the sky itself that you find intriguing. Maybe it’s a bird sitting exposed on a twig, singing, or a hawk soaring high above – both performing their own ode to the sky, in a way. Maybe it’s a tree, a statue, a building, or even a person reaching for the sky. It’s up to you. We’re looking forward to seeing your submissions!
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and February 29th, 2020
- This is a members only activity (a link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox)
- Only one submission per member, please
- Give your submission a descriptive filename (ideally, also add title & caption via IPTC fields)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- no digital art/compositing
We expect technically solid photographic work without obvious flaws (take care of accurate focus, proper exposure, balanced composition, keep your work free from digital processing artifacts like halos, sensor dust, etc.).
As usual, this is not a competition. From your submissions though, our curator (chair Alexander S. Kunz) will hand-pick up to three photos that interpret the theme best. The better the expression of the theme in your photo, the higher is the chance that it will be featured as an “Editor’s Pick” at our meeting the following month.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask – simply leave a comment below.