We hope you all had a great New Years Eve and happily crossed over into 2020 – it’s a new year, a time for a new Photo Quest! We picked a theme that will hopefully give you plenty of ways to interpret it:
A Sign of the Times.
It’s up to you – what is a sign of the times? Our times? What does it mean to you? Walk around with open eyes and your camera, and keep this theme in mind this month. We’re looking forward to your submissions!
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and January 31st, 2020
- This is a members only activity (a link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox)
- Only one submission per member, please
- Give your submission a descriptive filename (ideally, also add title & caption via IPTC fields)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- no digital art/compositing
We expect technically solid photographic work without obvious flaws (take care of accurate focus, proper exposure, balanced composition, keep your work free from digital processing artifacts like halos, sensor dust, etc.).
As usual, this is not a competition. From your submissions though, our curator (vice-chair Alexander S. Kunz) will hand-pick up to three photos that interpret the theme best. The better the expression of the theme in your photo, the higher is the chance that it will be featured as an “Editor’s Pick” at our meeting the following month.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask – simply leave a comment below.
And here’s just a sign of our times. 😉
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.