Summer is here, temperatures are on the rise, flowers are fading or already gone. The marine layer retreats early and reveals featureless blue skies. The only sliver of hope to keep the creative juices flowing? Another monthly photo quest! This month’s theme:
You don’t need to stick to Eddie Cochran’s lyrics about working all summer when you should be on vacation, no – be free and show us your photographic interpretation of “Summertime Blues”.
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and July 31st, 2019
- This is a members only activity (a link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox)
- Only one submission per member, please
- give your submission a descriptive filename (ideally, add title & caption via IPTC fields)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- no digital art/compositing
We expect technically solid photographic work without obvious flaws (take care of accurate focus, proper exposure, balanced composition, keep your work free from digital processing artifacts like halos, sensor dust, etc.).
As usual, this is not a competition. From your submissions though, our curator (vice-chair Alexander S. Kunz) will hand-pick up to three photos that interpret the theme best. The better the “Summetime Blues” story you’re telling in your photo, the higher is the chance that it will be featured as an “Editor’s Pick” at our August meeting. Imagine the fame! 😉
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in our Facebook group.
Here are some summertime blues (literally) from Windansea Beach, La Jolla. 🙂