After our “archive dive” in June 2020, we’re back to our regular photo quest routine: if you want to submit a photo, you need to be an SCPS member in good standing, and your photo must be new, and made specifically for our photo quest. The theme for July 2020 is…
Think about how you can interpret this theme in a photo. Get the creative juices flowing! Maybe it’s an unusual bird or other animal visiting your backyard? (see example below.) What else, who else, can be a visitor, or visitors?
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives!
- Your photo MUST be made between now and July 31st, 2020
- This is a members only activity (a link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox)
- Only one submission per member, please
- Give your submission a descriptive filename and/or add add title & caption via IPTC fields
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- no digital art/compositing
We expect technically solid photographic work without obvious flaws (take care of accurate focus, proper exposure, balanced composition, keep your work free from digital processing artifacts like halos, sensor dust, etc.).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask – simply leave a comment below, or ask in our member forum.
The Photo Section of the Sierra Club San Diego Chapter began in 1984 and has grown to be among the largest photo clubs in San Diego County. Our members are artists, travelers, humanitarians, and conservationists. We support most genres of photography and welcome new members to our group.
Photo Section meetings are held once a month between January and November, with additional club activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit our club calendar page.