After the wonderful winter rains we had, San Diego County’s rivers and creeks are running, the waterfalls are flowing, and vernal pools & reservoirs alike are filled with fresh water.
For our March 2019 Photo Quest, we want to see…
Your photos of natural bodies of fresh water.
No salt water! Everything except the ocean!
Focus on the quality and idea of “fresh water”. A lively cascade like in the example photo from Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, below. The calming reflection of vegetation in a quiet pond formed by a creek in a canyon. The force of a back country waterfall like Cedar Creek, Three Sisters or Mildred Falls (take a hike!). The life that water spends in the greenery at the seams of a vernal pool, with tadpoles dancing in it and water striders using its surface tension. Or whatever else you can come up with to work this quest!
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and March 31st, 2019
- This is a members only activity
- A link to submit your photo will be in your email
- Only one submission per member, please
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in our Facebook group.