It is the beginning of May and that means: time for another photo quest! Minor Martin White said: “one should not only photograph things for what they are, but for what else they are” — but since we don’t want to overload our monthly photo quest with too much meaning (it’s about getting out with the camera and having fun!), let’s train our perception and the way we see things with a little scavenger hunt for….
Things With Faces
We’ve all seen the (slightly shocked;) face of the power outlet in the wall, and the front of most cars with their two lights and the grille resembles a face of course — so please look a little harder and beyond these two. Find the unexpected faces in everyday things or in nature.
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives!
- Your photo MUST be made between now and May 31th, 2021
- This is a members only activity (a link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox)
- Only one submission per member, please.
- PLEASE give your submission a descriptive filename and/or add add title & caption via IPTC fields
(put your name & title of your image into the IPTC caption!)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- no digital art/compositing
We expect technically solid photography without obvious flaws (take care of accurate focus & sharpness, proper exposure, balanced composition, keep your work free from digital processing artifacts like halos, sensor dust, etc.).
Have fun, but also take pride in your work!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask — simply leave a comment below.
The monthly photo quest is a members-only activity. If you want to take part, you must be a 2021 member: