For the November 2021 Photo Quest, a dive into our member’s photo archives is requested again — as we all have those images: something did NOT go the way we intended it to go, at all… and yet, the result was a surprise, unexpected, and we’ve held on to that photo: it’s a Happy Accident.
We’re not looking for just blurry images and other dumb mistakes that we all make: the shutter speed was just slightly too long, the person in the picture has a telephone pole growing out of their head, overexposure reduced the highlight detail to complete white-out… NO!
We’re looking for images were the “accident” transformed the photo you wanted to make into something different, artistic, abstract, strange, unexpected… something that made you say: “Well, that’s interesting. I might hold on to that!”
- Find a Happy Accident in your archive (that you’re comfortable to share, of course)
- Only one submission per member, please.
- Deadline November 30, 2021
- PLEASE give your submission a descriptive filename and/or add add title & caption via IPTC fields
(put your name and the title of your image into the IPTC caption field!)
- Color, black & white, film, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- No digital art/compositing
Our monthly Photo Quest is a members-only activity. Members will receive a submission link to send their image, via our mailing list.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask — simply leave a comment below.