The theme for our monthly photo quest in October 2019 is “Mirror Mirror”…
…and as usual, you’re free and encouraged to interpret this theme photographically any way you can imagine. Reflections of the sky in the windows of a building, like below? Or you find the reflection of the landscape in the water of one of our lakes and reservoirs on a calm morning or evening? Or you find something entirely different. Be creative! Just make sure that it expresses the concept of mirroring in a clear and understandable way. We’re looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
- Make a new photo for the quest – no digging in the archives! Get out with the camera!
- Your photo must be made between now and October 31st, 2019
(submissions that weren’t made within the quest’s time frame will be quietly discarded)
- This is a members only activity (a link to submit your photo will be in your email inbox)
- Only one submission per member, please
- give your submission a descriptive filename (ideally, add title & caption via IPTC fields)
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter, but please…
- no digital art/compositing
We expect technically solid photographic work without obvious flaws (take care of accurate focus, proper exposure, balanced composition, keep your work free from digital processing artifacts like halos, sensor dust, etc.).
As usual, this is not a competition. From your submissions though, our curator (vice-chair Alexander S. Kunz) will hand-pick up to three photos that interpret the theme best. The better the expression of the theme in your photo, the higher is the chance that it will be featured as an “Editor’s Pick” at our meeting the following month.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in our Facebook group.