October has arrived and the days are getting shorter. The light is more gentle, the days are getting shorter, the weather seems more unstable, the spell of summer is broken. The Photo Quest theme for this month is: OPPOSITES.
As usual, we don’t want to influence your choices and how you will present opposites in a single photograph, but here are a couple of thoughts: it doesn’t have to be two subjects in your photograph that oppose each other – it could also be complementary colors, different shapes, different sizes, different… temperatures? Get creative!
- MAKE A NEW PHOTOS for the quest – no digging in the archives!
- Your photo MUST be made in the month of October 2021
- Color, black & white, DSLR, mirrorless, phone… doesn’t matter
- Exposure blending, focus stacking etc. are acceptable, of course
- No digital art/compositing
Before you submit your images, please take a look at our guide on file names, format, titles, metadata. We expect technically solid photography without obvious flaws and distractions: have fun, but honestly self-evaluate. Take pride in your work!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask — simply leave a comment below.
Our monthly Photo Quest is a members-only photographic scavenger hunt. Current members will receive a submission link in their email with the theme announcement, at the beginning of each month.